Saturday, October 8, 2011

Leave It Better Than You Found It

I'm starting to realize that you can't always leave things on good terms: jobs, relationships, the nice guy who sits at the front desk some mornings before I've had my coffee, and the not so nice lady who is there when he's not and I totally know she's judging my every step from the elevator through the 50 people walking their dogs before work that I'm glaring at for getting hair on my black pants...okay, I digress. But really, things don't always end well. So, in the spirit of keeping positive because life is just too short to be upset, I'm learning to leave things better than when they started. It's cliche but attainable. I think this lesson relates to the notion that you never know what people around you are going through, so you should always carry some level of empathy with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment